Towards a joint European research programme on health services and systems
Over the last decade, European health systems have faced growing common challenges: ageing related issues and continuous financial pressures
call for innovative solutions on how to organise health care in an equitable and efficient manner. To address this situation there is an urgent
need to bring innovation and research evidence, to identify more effective and sustainable ways to organize, manage, finance, and deliver high quality care to European citizens.
TO-REACH is a coordination and support action (CSA) to prepare a joint European research programme aimed at producing research evidence supporting health care services and systems to become more resilient, effective, equitable, accessible, sustainable and comprehensive (in Europe, and abroad).
- To produce the Strategic Research Agenda of the future joint research programme;
- To broaden the coalition of committed Member States and funding bodies;
- To design an efficient “structure” of the research network.
Update and Agenda – Innovations in Health and Social Care – Enhancing Health and Wellbeing in Europe (3 December 2019)
27 November 2019
As previously shared, the TO-REACH Consortium is organising together with the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) and Academy of Finland, the conference ‘Innovations in Health and Social Care – Enhancing Health and Wellbeing in Europe‘.
The conference, taking place on Tuesday 3rd December 2019, is organised under under the auspices of the Finnish Presidency of the European Union.
We’re glad to share the final agenda for the event, which will bring together representatives from different policy areas, as well as stakeholders from public and private sector, and academia.
9.30–10.30 Plenary Session
Chair: Nick Fahy, University of Oxford / European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies
- Liisa-Maria Voipio-Pulkki, Director General of Strategic Affairs, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, Finland
- Pekka Rissanen, Deputy Director General, Knowledge and Data, Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare
- Martin Seychell, Deputy Director General for Health and Food Safety, European Commission
- Pilar Aguar Fernandez, Head of Unit, Health Innovations, Research and Innovation, European Commission
- Walter Ricciardi, Public Health Professor, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, TO-REACH Project Coordinating Team and Chair of the Mission Board on Cancer
- Usman Khan, Executive Director, European Patients Forum
10.30–11.00 Coffee break
11.00–13.00 Parallel Working Groups
First round at 11.00–12.00, second round at 12.00–13.00; participants can attend two working groups.
- Working Group 1: Implementing patient-centered integrated care from health to well-being
- Working Group 2: Paying for value and innovation
- Working Group 3: Digitalisation of European health systems
- Working Group 4: European health and care workforce for the future
13.00–14.00 Lunch buffet
14.00–14.45 Wrap up from chairs and rapporteurs of Working Groups
14.45–15.15 Coffee break
15.15–16.00 Open discussion and closing remarks
- Markus Perola, Vice Chair of the Research Council for Biosciences, Health and the Environment, Academy of Finland
- Silvio Brusaferro, President of the Italian National Institute of Health, TO REACH Project Coordinating Team
Date and time: Tuesday 3 December 2019 from 10:00 to 16:00 (CET)
Venue: Stanhope Hotel Brussels by Thon Hotels, Rue Du Commerce 9, Brussels, Belgium
The event is by invitation only. For more information, please contact: Riikka Rossi, THL
+358 29 524 7436
9 September 2019
On Friday 6th September 2019, the TO-REACH Consortium responded to the European Commission public consultation ‘ Horizon Europe Co-design 2021-2024’, focused on co-designing and shaping the future EU research and innovation investment framework. The consultation collected inputs from across Europe and beyond, informing the Commission’s work towards the definition of a ‘Strategic Plan’ for Horizon Europe, which will guide the work programmes and calls for proposals for Horizon Europe’s first four years (2021-2024). The consultation and its results will be further discussed during the European Research and Innovation Days in Brussels from 24 to 26 September 2019.Read More » Leave a comment »
Save the date – Innovations in Health and Social Care – Enhancing Health and Wellbeing in Europe (3 December 2019)
25 July 2019
The TO-REACH Consortium is glad to share the ‘save the date‘ for its upcoming event ‘Innovations in Health and Social Care – Enhancing Health and Wellbeing in Europe‘. The conference will be organised in collaboration with the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), Academy of Finland and under the auspices of the Finnish Presidency of the European Union.Read More » Leave a comment »